Capture is a networking term for intercepting a data packet that is crossing a specific point in a data network. Once a packet is captured in real-time, it is stored for a period of time so that it can be analysed and then either be downloaded, archived or discarded. Packets are captured and examined to help diagnose and solve network problems such as:
- Identifying security threats
- Troubleshooting undesirable network behaviours
- Identifying network congestion
- Identifying data/packet loss
- Forensic network analysis
Packet capture can be performed in-line or using a copy of the traffic that is sent by network switching devices to a packet capture device.
Full Packet Capture
Entire packets or specific portions of a packet can be captured. A full packet includes two things: a payload and a header. The payload is the actual contents of the packet, while the header contains metadata, including the packet’s source and destination address.
Packet Capture Analysis
Analysis of packet capture data typically requires significant technical skills, and often is performed with tools such as Synesis packet capture tool and other packet capture tool like Wireshark butWireshark stars dropping packets after 10G.
Synesis packet capture tool
- SYNESIS supports the 10M/100M/1G/10G/100G network and captures wire-rate traffic data without packet loss.
- Once SYNESIS starts capturing, data is automatically saved in SYNESIS memory area(Packet Store).
- You can save the captured data as trace files with designated conditions schedule, IP addresses or protocols.
- You can analyse each trace file (PCAP format) with your analysis tools, also with SYNESIS own analysis
For Sales Enquiry :
Post -Sales Support :
- +91 9971655600 (24 x 7)
- +91 7042087888 (24 x 7)
- +91 11 28085036
- (09:00 AM to 05:30 PM - IST)
Bhumi Entech Equipments Pvt. Ltd.
Unit No. 520-523, 5th Floor, City Center Plot No. 5, Sector - 12, Dwarka,
New Delhi - 110 075, India
Office Location :
Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad
@ 1997-2019 bhumientech All rights reserved .